NewEnergyNews More: Can Cities Save The Planet?

Every day is Earthday.

Some details about NewEnergyNews and the man behind the curtain: Herman K. Trabish, Agua Dulce, CA., Doctor with my hands, Writer with my head, Student of New Energy and Human Experience with my heart



Your intrepid reporter


    A tip of the NewEnergyNews cap to Phillip Garcia for crucial assistance in the design implementation of this site. Thanks, Phillip.


Pay a visit to the HARRY BOYKOFF page at Basketball Reference, sponsored by NewEnergyNews and Oil In Their Blood.

  • ---------------
  • Monday, December 19, 2016

    Can Cities Save The Planet?

    Cities can pick up nations’ slack on combating climate change

    Nick Stockton, December 18, 2016 (Grist)

    “…[Deadline2020 is a 100-plus-page study detailing how the C40 Cities’ 90 affiliated cities can, and are, taking rapid, impactful actions to keep the Earth from warming to the point of catastrophe. It] is based on goals set out in the Paris Agreement [signed by 117] countries to keep the average global temperature from rising to 2 degrees C above preindustrial levels…[and] stay as close to 1.5 degrees C as possible…[T]he next four years are critical…If the C40 cities want to meet that 1.5 degrees C goal, its members need to collectively cut the average emissions of city-dwelling folks from 5.1 tons to 2.1 per person by 2020…If they succeed, the cities of C40 will have contributed 40 percent of the reductions necessary to meet the most ambitious goal of the Paris Agreement. Come hell or high water, their home nations are largely responsible for the other 60 percent…Cities can’t save the Paris Agreement, or the world, on their own. But they can do a lot. And they can do it a lot faster, and a lot more reliably, than nations…Those actions aren’t always sexy, but they are tangible…” click here for more

    IFTTT Recipe: Share new blog posts to Facebook connects blogger to facebook


    Post a Comment

    Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

    << Home